News Desk: The Commissioner of Police, today addressed a press meet at Guwahati Police Reserve at around 11.45 am. The press meet was attended by media personnel. The press meet was regarding the announcement of details of lockdown for public information
The major announcements from the press meet are given below:
- Commissioner of Police addresses press meet at Guwahati Police reserve.
- Strict action will be taken against the violators of the lockdown.
- People coming to Guwahati by air and train will only be allowed to enter the city after showing their tickets.
- Likewise, people wanting to travel to other districts from the train station and airport will also have to produce their tickets.
- A number of ASTC buses will provided in the train stations and airport.
- People who come for treatment will have to produce full details of the doctor.
- Only 10 percent of the banks will remain open in Guwahati.
- Bank authorities will have to decide by themselves regarding the branches that will remain open.
- Bank authorities will need to issue special pass for the employees.
- Commissioner of Police strongly urges the people of Guwahati to follow the lockdown.
- FIRs will be lodged against the people violating lockdown and they would be sent to jail.
- District administration will decide which petrol pumps will remain open.
- Gas agencies will be allowed to do home deliveries.