Young leader Jury Sharma Bordoloi on Friday morning quit from the Congress party.
The young Congress leader made an announcement of her resignation during a press conference at Hotel Gateway Grandeur.
Announcing her exit from the Congress party, Jury Sharma Bordoloi cited a few reasons for leaving the party.
She stated –
1. Congress is no longer a secular party, it has become a communal party. Alliance with AIUDF was the biggest mistake of Congress.
2. Rahul Gandhi is not wanted by the people, yet the party showed favouritism.
3. High Command gives no heed to our complaints.
4. Top leaders of AICC made mistakes during the election. They did not care about the party worker’s feelings.
5. The Congress party has taken a double-standard stand on CAA.
6. Congress party now recognizes only Bangladeshi Muslims as minorities. Christians, Assamese Muslims are not on the minorities list.
7. The party is now a repository of fake promises. Leaders pays no heed to the party workers.
8. Ripun Bora’s every plan is flawed.
9. Rokibul Hussain is focussed on destroying the Congress party.
10. Wajed Ali Choudhury and Rokibul Hussain made alliance with AIUDF for their own personal interest.
11. Himanta Biswa Sarma is a skilled leader. We tried very hard to keep him in Congress.
12. The secular policy of the Congress party is double-standard. The position of the BJP party is clear, they are Hindutva.
13. It seems the Congress party has a very faint chance of coming into power in the next ten years.
The young leader however has not yet clarified if she will join any party or not.
Jury Sharma informed that now she will be more diligently involved in social work in coming days.
It needs to be mentioned that along with Jury Sharma, a total of 150 party workers left the party.