News Desk: A delegation of Bar Council’ of Assam, Nagaland led by Shri H R A Chaudhury, Chairman submitted a memorandum to the Chief Minister of Assam today at his official residence highlighting various problems faced by the practicing Advocates In Assam.
The delegation impressed upon the Chief Minister to consider the following points in the Interest of the legal fraternity.
(1) To release Rs. 5 crores already sanctioned by the Govt. of Assam vide letter dated 17th February 2016.
(2) To sanction and release a number of Rs. 25 crores as corpus Fund to the Assam Advocates’ Welfare Fund.
(3) To earmark at least Rs. 5 crores in the annual budget for the Assam Advocates’ Welfare Fund.
(4) To provide at least Rs. 10,000/- per month as financial assistance to the needy Advocates from the contingency Fund of India till normalcy returns and regular functioning of Courts begins.
(5) To bring the practicing Lawyers within the provisions of Disaster Management Act, 2005.
(6) To provide a suitable plot of land adjacent to the Guwahati High Court premises.
Chief Minister gave a patient hearing and assured to consider the points raised by the delegation.
The delegation of the Bar Council consists of Shri Ramesh Ch. Barpatrogohaln, Advocate General, Shri Sailendra Das, Chairman designate, Mr. G. N. Sahewalla, Chairman designate, Shri Tanmoy Jyoti Mahanta, Sr. Advocate, Member, Pronab Not’ Salkia, Member and Shri Benudhar Math, Member.