News Desk: The Ministry of Home Affairs issued an order with new guidelines. The new guidelines are on the measures to be taken by various Ministries, Departments of Government of Assam, State and Union Territories Authorities for containment of COVID-19.
The State Government desires the Heads of Departments of Central/ State organizations, Divisional Commissioners, Deputy Commissioners, SDO(Civil)s, Circle and Block Officers, Autonomous Bodies, Councils, Corporations, Banks, and all other private organizations to strictly follow the new guidelines of Ministry of Home Affairs issued on July 2. This is done to carry out the functions of prescribed activities in their jurisdiction. Considering the ground situation, the following may be adhered to:
- Face coverings: Wearing of face cover is compulsory in public places. It is also compulsory in workplaces and during transport.
- Social distancing: Individuals must maintain a minimum distance of 6 feet in public places.
- Large public gatherings/ congregations continue to remain prohibited.
- Marriage related gathering: Number of guests not to exceed 50.
- Funeral related gathering: Number of persons not to exceed 20.
- Spitting in public places will be punishable with a fine. The State/ UT Local Authorities will prescribe the fine.
- Consumption of liquor, paan, gutka, tobacco, etc. in public places is prohibited.
- Staggering of work/ business hours will be followed in all establishments.
- Screening and hygiene: Provision for thermal scanning, hand wash, or sanitizer will be made at all entry and exit points. Hand wash and sanitization will be made available in common areas also.
- Frequent sanitization of the entire workplace, common facilities will be ensured. Sanitization of all points which come into human contact will also be ensured.
- Social distancing: All persons in charge of workplaces will ensure adequate distance between workers. There will be adequate gaps between shifts. The staggering of lunch breaks of the staff will also be ensured.
Further, the respective Heads of Assam Bhawans/ Houses located at New Delhi, Kolkata, Chennai, Vellore, Shillong shall draw up their functioning plan as per the NIHA’s Guideline issued on July 29. July if required and the guidelines which may have been issued by the respective State Governments where Bhawans/ Houses are located.
The new guidelines have the approval of Chief Secretary of Assam.
Dr. M. Angamuthu signed the order of new guidelines. He is the Commissioner and Secretary to the Government of Assam, General Administration Department.