Jaguar Land Rover India on July 15 announced the introduction of its New Land Rover Discovery with prices starting from Rs. 88.06 Lakhs.
The New Land Rover Discovery combines an exceptional design evolution with a versatile and intelligently packaged interior which embodies the spirit of family adventure that has characterized Land Rover’s premium family SUV for more than 30 years.
Featuring the latest generation of powerful and efficient six-cylinder Ingenium petrol and diesel engines, advanced Pivi Pro infotainment and superior comfort and practicality, New Discovery remains one of the most capable, connected and versatile full seven-seat premium SUVs in the world.
Rohit Suri, President and Managing Director, Jaguar Land Rover India said, “The new Discovery, while retaining Land Rover’s legendary breadth of capability, offers renewed levels of refinement, luxury and efficiency which make it the best full-size SUV for the outdoors and adventure-filled journeys with the family”.
The main features of the new SUV are –
1. Sophisticated design: Enhanced exterior features distinctive new LED headlights and tail lights with fresh front and rear bumpers
2. Contemporary interior: Enhanced centre console features advanced Pivi Pro infotainment while new second-row seats offer superior comfort
3. Redesigned second row seating: Improved lateral support, longer thicker cushions and careful seat profiling all contribute to greater under-thigh support and improved posture for occupants
4. Faster, smarter, better connected: New Pivi Pro infotainment features large 28.95 cm (11.4) HD touchscreen and advanced connectivity with Software-Over-The-Air updates
5. Enhanced efficiency: Latest straight-six Ingenium petrol and diesel engines offer superior performance and efficiency
6. Advanced Air filtration: New Cabin Air Ionisation with PM2.5 air filtration monitors air quality inside and filters harmful particulates, for improved wellbeing
7. Family versatility: Next-generation wearable Activity Key, Click and Go tablet holders for row-two passengers and Intelligent Seat Fold technology provide 21st century convenience.
The distinct character and optimized proportions of New Discovery embrace more than three decades of design evolution. Discovery DNA design cues – including the clamshell bonnet, the stepped roof and the highly visible C-pillar – remain, but the New Discovery delivers a bold exterior evolution optimized to project a more confident road presence.
The new signature LED headlights with a daytime running light signature create a more purposeful look, while animated sweeping front and rear indicators provide heightened visual sophistication.
The revised front bumper features a wider body-coloured graphic and new side vents combine for a more purposeful and dynamic appearance.
At the rear, New Discovery features new signature LED lights, which are joined across the back of the vehicle by a new Gloss Black panel.
Following Land Rover’s reductive design philosophy, this panel incorporates the trademark Discovery script, providing a cleaner rear graphic.
New Discovery introduces new straight-six Ingenium engines, both petrol and diesel, with enhanced efficiency, performance and smoothness. The new engines are available alongside Land Rover’s four-cylinder P300 Ingenium petrol powertrain.
The straight-six engine family was designed and developed in-house and the advanced diesel is available in 221 kW output, while the powerful petrol delivers 265 kW.
The All New Discovery models with six-cylinder Ingenium engines feature an advanced driveline which optimizes the torque split between front and rear axles, using a range of sensors to distribute torque to suit the conditions. The new Intelligent All-Wheel Drive system maximizes traction, on-road dynamics and driveline efficiency, resulting in improved fuel economy and reduced CO2 emissions in normal driving, with no compromise to Discovery’s trademark all-terrain capability.