News Desk: Gyms and yoga institutes are set to reopen from August 5. This is a part of the government’s arrangements to reopen the economy in the third phase of unlocking of Unlock 3.
The Ministry of Health and Welfare on Monday issued a set of guidelines regarding the same.
The guidelines detail protocols and preventive measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19 amid the utmost safety since yoga and physical activity is important for health and well-being.
Here are the COVID-19 safety guideline for gyms and yoga institutes:
- The Entrance should have mandatory hand sanitizer and thermal screening provisions.
- Only asymptomatic people are allowed on the premises.
- Elderly people above the age of 65 years, people with co-morbidities, pregnant women, and children below the age of 10 years are advised not to use gymnasiums or yoga institutes in closed spaces.
- Users to be put in batches and allocated staggered timings to avoid overcrowding of people while entering and exiting the fitness centre. Each batch could have a gap of 15-30 minutes in between.
- Individuals must maintain a minimum distance of 6 feet as far as feasible.
- Wearing of masks and face covers is mandatory. However, those may cause breathing difficulties during exercising; therefore, the government has said people can use a visor as a preventive measure.
- Those having an oxygen saturation level below 95% should not be allowed to exercise
- The owners and managers of gymnasiums and yoga institutes have been directed to plan fitness activities keeping the floor area of 4m2 per person.
- Regular and timely disinfection of premises, machines, equipment to be carried out.
- Spas, sauna, steam baths, and swimming pools shall remain shut.
- The use of Aarogya Setu app is strongly advised.
- Details of check-in and check-out times of members and visitors must be recorded.
Check out the complete details here:
Ministry of Health and Family Welfare issues guidelines on preventive measures to contain the spread of COVID-19 in Yoga institutes & gymnasiums.
Ministry of Home Affairs has allowed Yoga institutes and gymnasiums to re-open from August 5. pic.twitter.com/sFuXqYBfJU
— ANI (@ANI) August 3, 2020
Image Source: Internet