News Desk: The authorities of Kamrup (Metro) had decided to lift off containment from 3 Containment Zones. No new COVID-19 cases had been detected in the past few days. Following this, the District administration took the decision to withdraw the Containment Zones.
Biswajit Pegu, the Deputy Commissioner on July 26 issued an order. He ordered officials to withdraw the Containment zone from three areas of Kamrup (Metro). The DC followed instructions contained in COVID-19 guidelines on Containment Zones. The Ministry of Health and Family Welfare issued COVID-19 guidelines on Containment Zones.
The order came to effect from July 26 evening. The administration requested residents to obey the rules and regulations of lockdown. Earlier, the Government announced many rules and regulations regarding the lockdown.
Furthermore, the residents have to strictly follow the protocols of COVID-19. This will help in preventing further spread of the pandemic.
The Containment Zones withdrawn are:
- Block B and Block L of Pragjyotish Housing Colony, Ghoramora. On July 8, the Housing Colony was declared as Containment Zone.
- Assam Rifles Transit Camp, Khanapara, Guwahati. The Transit Camp was declared Containment Zone on July 12.
- Shops and Business establishments surrounding Assam Rifles Transit Camp, Khanapara. The areas surrounding the Transit Camp was also declared Containment Zone on July 12.
Biswajit Pegu forwarded the order to various officials of Kamrup Metro.
The Deputy Commissioner forwarded the order to:
- The Principal Secretary, Government of Assam, Health & Family Welfare Department, Dispur, Guwahati.
- The Commissioner & Secretary, Government of Assam, General Administration Department, Dispur, Guwahati.
- The Commissioner of Police of Guwahati city.
- The Managing Director of National Health Mission, Christian Basti, Guwahati.
- The Commissioner of Guwahati Municipal Corporation, Panbazar, Guwahati.
- The Circle Officer of Dispur Revenue Circle, Guwahati.
- The Commanding Officer of Assam Rifles Transit Camp, Khanapara.
- The Joint Director of Health Services, Kamrup Metropolitan.