National Desk: After months of border tension between India and China in Ladakh, de-escalation process starts between the two countries. According to government sources, China was seen removing its troops and tents from some parts of the disputed Galwan Valley on Monday.
Army Sources said “The process of disengagement has commenced in Galwan. Structures in the area of Patrol Point 14 have been removed.”
According to the sources, vehicles were also seen withdrawing from Hotsprings and Gogra – two other contested border zones – as well.
Earlier on Sunday, National Security Advisor (NSA) Ajit Doval, who is also the Special Representative (SR) on the Boundary Dialogue between the neighbouring countries and China’s Foreign minister SR Wang Yi, had “a frank and in-depth exchange of views” on Sunday regarding the border, according to briefing notes by both countries released on Monday.
In response to a question on whether China had moved equipment back to the Galwan Valley, Chinese foreign ministry spokesman Zhao Lijian said both sides were “taking effective measures to disengage and ease the situation on the border”.
“We hope India will meet China halfway and take concrete measures to carry out what both sides agreed to, continue to closely communicate through diplomatic and military channels, and work together to cool down the situation at the border,” Zhao told a news conference.
Image Source: ExBulletin