Guwahati: Ahead of Independence Day, the Guwahati Traffic Police on Friday issued a travel advisory with vehicle diversions and restrictions across Guwahati city.
After a gap of 10-years, the state Independence Day celebration will be held at the prestigious Judges Field.
The diversion of vehicle across the city
1. Only vehicles of invitees having Red, Blue and Yellow passes will be allowed entry beyond the barricades up to the venue. The barricade on KLB road (NCB Hall point) will be opened only up to 8:30 AM and thereafter, only for the VVIP arcade.
2. Commercial goods carrying vehicles will not be allowed to ply on MG road. They will be diverted from Apollo point towards AT road (for vehicles coming from Jalukbari side) and at District Library point via GNB road to join AT road at Vishal point via No Bridge (for vehicles coming from Chandmari side).
3. Other private vehicles coming from the Jalukbari side and wanting to go towards Uzanbazar or Chandmari side or GS road will be diverted at Sera Gate point via Cotton Collegiate road up to HB road, then via HB road, Commissioner point, ARB road up to Kalimandir point on GNB road. From there, they can either turn left and proceed via RBI point, District Library point, Taibullah point and join Lamb road or proceed straight for Chandmari side. Others may turn right at Kalimandir point and join AT road and proceed to their destinations. For this purpose, the one-way on GNB road (Dighalipukhri south side) will be relaxed for a particular day.
4. Vehicles coming from the Chandmari side (GNB road/KLB road) or GS road (TC point side) will be diverted at the Dist. Library point to continue straight on GNB road and they can proceed towards Bharalumukh side via MLN road up to the water supply point and join MG road.
5. Vehicles coming towards Bharalumukh side from Uzanbazar and Kharghuli side will be diverted at Planetarium point via Lamb road to join GNB road and further proceed as mentioned in the above point.
The no parking areas include
1. The Eastern side of Judges Field (KLB road, from NCB Hall, point up to Chief Justice Point)
2.The northern side of Judges Field (MG road, from Chief Justice Point up to Food Villa point)
3. MG Road (Riverside from DC Court point up to Chief Justice point)
4. MG Road (Both sides from Chief Justice point up to Planetarium point)
5. HB road (from Commissioner point up to NCB Hall point, Nehru park side)
Parking arrangements for VVIP, VIP, and other Invitees in and around the venue
There will be three categories of car passes for the guests—Red, Blue, and Yellow. These vehicles will be parked in the places as indicated below:
Red Pass – Vehicles with Red passes will be parked in the GMDA parking (beneath Food villa); on LNB road up to RBI point; on MG road (Market side, from Food Villa, point up to DC office point), and on ARB road (Nehru park side, up to Commissioner point).
Blue Pass – Vehicles with Blue passes will be parked on HB road, from Commissioner point up to Panbazar police point (both side single parallel)
Yellow Pass – Vehicles with Yellow car passes will be parked in parking space at old DFO Bungalow (Ropeway point).
Media OB Vehicles – They shall be parked in the parking space of the Town Club and the vacant space in front of Food Villa. Entry for Media persons will be through the Town Club entrance.
The entry for media persons will be from the Town Club entrance.