For the enhancement of revenue collection in all the six zones, the Guwahati Municipal Corporation (GMC) on Thursday has decided to take every step possible.
Guwahati Municipal Corporation is all set to formulate a plan for a 100 percent collection of revenue.
The Commissioner of GMC on June 8, 2021, issued an order entrusting Senior Officials of the office against each zone as –
• Pulak Mahanta, ACS, Additional Commissioner, GMC – Central Zone & South Zone
• Satyajyoti Baruah, ACS, Joint Commissioner, GMC – Lokhra Zone
• Siddhartha Goswami, ACS, Joint Commissioner-II, GMC – West Zone
• Aditya Gogoi, ACS, Municipal Secretary, GMC- Dispur Zone
• Navadeep Sangmai, ACS, Collector, GMC East Zone
All the respective officials have been instructed to visit their respective zones regularly and supervise all the aspects in the zones like –
• revenue collection related matters,
• trade license issuance etc.