The Assam State Disaster Management Authority (ASDMA) has issued a revised Covid 19 SOP today for both rural and urban areas which will remain in force from 5 AM of July 28 until July 31, 2021.
Key points of new SOP issued today are:
1. Instead of the five districts which had a full curfew earlier, there will be a full curfew in two districts from now on.
2. Golaghat and Lakhimpur to maintain full curfew.
3. Curfew has been relaxed in Jorhat, Sonitpur, and Vishwanath.
4. Curfew will be imposed from 2 pm to 5 am in Jorhat, Sonitpur, Vishwanath, Goalpara, and Morigaon districts.
5. All inter-district passenger transport services and movement of people to and from other districts shall remain suspended.
6. There will be a total ban on the movement of all public and private transport in the containment districts. However, the movement of goods shall continue.
7. In other districts, All Public transport authorities shall enforce Covid 19 appropriate total behavior and seating inside the vehicles, carriers, containers, etc.
8. Public gathering is banned in total containment districts. In other districts, up to 10 persons are allowed for marriage or funeral programs.
Other restrictions including an odd-even formula for plying of vehicles, declaration of containment zones, etc., and exemptions as notified in the order of July 6, 2021, shall continue to remain in force except those specifically modified by this order.