News Desk: With the rise in large scale spread of COVID-19 positive cases in certain areas of Guwahati city, the District Administration of Kamrup Metro has issued an order for total lockdown in 11 wards.
The order shall come into effect from 9 P.M. starting from June 23. The lockdown order will remain until further notice.
The list of areas proposed for lockdown in Guwahati are:
- No Ward No Areas covered
- Ward No.2 of Guwahati Municipal Corporation: Ferry Ghat Colony No 3, 4, 5, & 6; New Railway Colony, Institute Colony, Triangular Colony; LOCO Colony; B.B.C. Colony; Part of Sadilapur; Garpandu, Jaymati Nagar.
- Ward No. 3: Rest Camp Colony; Water Works Railway Colony; Temple Ghat Colony; Maligaon Baripara area; Garpandu area; Adabari; Adabari Rly Colony, Green Park Colony; Anandanagar; Maligaon area.
- Ward no. 4: Kamakhya Temple; Kamakhya Colony Area; Pandu Nath Basti and Kalipur Area and the rest of the Maligaon area.
- Ward no. 5: Maligaon Rly Colony (East and West); Gotanagar Rly Colony (West, Central, and East), Gosala Rly Colony, Durgasarobar and Santipur, Bhutnath.
- Ward no. 6: Dhirenpara; Ganeshpara; Manpara; Datalpara; Kotahbari; Gorchuk and Jyotikuchi (Part).
- Ward no. 7: Gotanagar (Part); Gotanagar NC; Maligaon NC; Fatasil N Durgasarobar; Fatasil; Dhirenpara Hill Side
- Ward no. 8: Kumarpara; Machkhowa; Athgaon (Part); Bharalumukh.
- Ward No.9: Chatribari; Krishna Nagar; Tokobari; Fancybazar; Athgaon (Part)
- Ward No.10(Part): Panbazar; Fancybazar (Part); Solapara.
- Ward No.15: Bishnupur; Natunbasti; Bimalanagar; Mahendra Nagar; Sankarpur; Fatasil (Part)
- Ward No. 16: Bhaskar Nagar; Barsapara; Dhirenpara(Part); Anandanag Rongpathar
Image Source: Internet