The Assam government led by Chief Minister Dr. Himanta Biswa Sarma has allocated portfolios to the newly inducted ministers on Tuesday. The portfolio allocation comes as a surprise to the people of Assam as the health, education and finance departments which made great strides under Dr. Himanta Biswa Sarma in the last two decades has been allocated to other ministers of the newly formed government.
Here is the list of portfolios allocated to the ministers:
- Himanta Biswa Sarma: Home, Personnel, PWD and another department not allowed to any other Ministers.
- Ranjit Kumar Dass: Panchayat & Rural Development, Public Health Engineering, Food & Civil Supplies and Consumer Affairs
- Atul Bora: Agriculture, Horticulture, Animal Husbandry & Veterinary, Border Area Development, Implementation of Assam Accord, Cooperation
- Urkhao Gwra Brahma: Handloom & Textile, Soil Conservation, Welfare of Plain Tribe & Backward Classes (BTC)
- Chandra Mohan Patowary: Transport, Industries & Commerce, Skill Development, Welfare of Minorities
- Parimal Suklabaidya: Environment & Forests, Fisheries, Excise
- Keshab Mahanta: Health & Family Welfare, Science & Technology, Information Technology
- Ranuj Pegu: Education, Welfare of Plain Tribe and Backward Classes (non-BTC)
- Ashok Singhal: Guwahati Development, Urban Development, Irrigation
- Jogen Mohan: Revenue & Disaster Management, Hills Area Development, Mines & Minerals.
- Sanjay Kishan: Welfare of Tea Tribes, Labour & Employment
- Ajanta Neog: Social Welfare, Finance
- Pijush Hazarika: Water Resources, Information & Public Relations, Parliamentary Affairs
- Bimal Bora: Sports & Youth Welfare, Cultural Affairs, Power, Tourism