Addressing the media on a dice, the Chief Secretary of Assam, Jishnu Baruah and DGP Bhaskar Jyoti Mahanta informed the public about the revised COVID-19 SOPs which would be effective from 5 am of May 13.
The revised COVID SOPs are as follows:
- Curfew will be implemented from 2 pm to 5 am daily.
- All shops and establishments to shut down at 1 pm.
- Weekly haats/Bazaars will be closed for 15 days.
- A maximum of 10 people will be allowed in marriages and religious functions. No reception parties allowed.
- All public transport to operate with 30 percent capacity.
- Pillion riding will be prohibited in two-wheelers except for women and children.
- All religious places to remain closed for 15 days.
- All offices both government and non-government to shut down for 15 days.