Oil India Limited (OIL) on Thursday has contributed in a big way by supporting Assam Government in its fight against the Covid 19 pandemic.
OIL once again rose to the occasion to combat Covid 19 pandemic by contributing Rs. 5 crores to the Chief Minister’s Relief Fund (CMRF).
The amount also includes the voluntary contribution of one day’s salary by the employees of the company. The cheque was ceremoniously handed over to Assam Chief Minister Himanta Biswa Sarma.
Strengthening #AssamGovernment‘s initiatives to tackle #COVID19, NRL contributes Rs 5 Cr to CM Relief Fund to support the State’s vaccination drive. NRL MD today handed over the amount to Hon’ble CM Dr Himanta Biswa Sarma at his office today.@CMOfficeAssam @cmpatowary #NRLcares pic.twitter.com/KmDXm6E2IN
— Numaligarh Refinery (@NRL_MoPNG) May 27, 2021
CM Himanta Biswa Sarma, lauded OIL, India’s second-largest National Exploration & Production Company, for its contribution towards the drive to fight against Covid 19.
He also stated that OIL is energizing Assam’s growth trajectory and contributing to ensure the state’s good health in a time of crisis.
The Chief Minister also added that he is very confident that OIL and Assam Government partnership in various areas will help in the development of the state and the petroleum industry in Assam.
In a significant contribution towards Assam battle against #COVID19, @NRL_MoPNG donated Rs 5 crore to CM Relief Fund in aid of the vaccination drive. CM Dr @himantabiswa extended gratitude for this philanthropic step by the ‘Accord Refinery’. pic.twitter.com/rRMxm9kiH6
— Chief Minister Assam (@CMOfficeAssam) May 27, 2021
Furthermore, it needs to be mentioned that OIL has invested around Rs 52 crore (inclusive of Rs 5 crore to CM Relief Fund, Assam) towards the augmentation of health infrastructure during the second wave of the pandemic.
• Supply of two Iced Line Refrigerators to Government of Assam for storing vaccines.
• Supply of 35 Deep Freezers to Government of Assam for storing vaccines.
• Support to Covid Care Centre in Tinsukia District, Assam.
• Support in setting up a 100 bedded Covid Care Centre at Duliajan, Dibrugarh District, Assam.
• Financial support in setting up of 300 bedded Covid hospital by DRDO at Sarusajai Stadium, Lokhora, Guwahati.
• Financial support for installation of PSA oxygen plant in Goalpara Aspirational District in Assam.
• Placement of 40 KL Liquid Nitrogen tank at Assam Medical College, Dibrugarh, Assam.
• Support to Tengakhat Mahatma Gandhi Model Hospital, Dibrugarh, Assam.
• Supply of 500 Oxygen Concentrators to Government of Assam.
• Supply of additional 1,000 Oxygen Concentrators at various locations in the country.
• Supply of 20 Oxygen Concentrators to Jodhpur (10) and Jaisalmer (10) District Authorities in Rajasthan.
• Three oil free oxygen boosters for refilling oxygen cylinders at district hospitals at Namsai, Changlang, and Itanagar in Arunachal Pradesh.
• Supply and shipment of 3,000 Oxygen cylinders in various locations in the country.
• Setting up of temporary 50 bedded Covid healthcare facility in Noida, UP.