Assam Chief Secretary Jishnu Baruah and DGP Bhaskar Jyoti Mahanta in a joint press meet on Tuesday laid out some Standing Operating Procedures (SOP)s to be followed in Assam following the surge in COVID-19 cases.
The SOPs have been listed below:
- Classes for schools and colleges will be conducted with 50 percent attendance
- Public transport to operate with 50 percent capacity.
- Offices to function with 50 percent employees.
- Pregnant women and women with children of 5 years and below shall be allowed to work from home.
- The number of guests in the private functions at private venues including marriage to be restricted to 100.
- All establishments in the state except essential services to close down by 6 pm.
- Any gatherings to be organized within closed doors will be permitted with 50 percent of people.
- Only 20 persons will be allowed to attend funerals.