In a major large-scale reshuffle of bureaucrats after the BJP returned to power for a second term, the Assam government on Sunday has replaced Deputy Commissioners of 20 districts.
These major reshuffles came two days after 38 officers in the rank of superintendent of police were transferred across the state.
As per an order issued by the Personnel Department Secretary T.P. Borgohain:
• Finance Deputy Secretary Aayush Garg is being transferred and posted as Deputy Commissioner, Baksa.
• The state government also transferred Assam State Warehousing Corporation Managing Director Tej Prasad Bhusal to Barpeta.
• Personnel Secretary Binita Pegu to Charaideo.
• Hailakandi ADC Narendra Kumar Shah to Chirang.
• Home Secretary Prabhati Thaosen to Darrang, as DCs of the respective districts.
• Darrang ADC P Vijaya Bhaskar Reddy has been transferred and posted as DC of Dhemaji.
• Karimganj DC Anbamuthan M P has been transferred and posted as DC of Dhubri.
• Welfare of Tea and Ex-Tea Garden Tribes Director Meenakshi Das Nath has been posted as DC of Goalpara.
• Sonitpur DC Manavendra Pratap Singh has been transferred and posted as DC of Golaghat.
• Sonitpur ADC Rohan Kumar Jha will be the new Deputy Commissioners of Hailakandi.
• The government also transferred Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Secretary Ashok Kr Barman to Jorhat as DC.
• Cachar ADC Sumit Sattawan has been transferred and posted as DC of Lakhimpur.
• Hailakandi DC Megha Nidhi Dahal to Kokrajhar as Deputy Commissioner.
• Lakhimpur DC Khargeswar Pegu to Karimganj.
• Higher Education Secretary Gitimoni Phukan has been transferred and posted as DC of Nalbari.
• Industries and Commerce Additional Secretary Pawar Narsing Sambhaji has been pasted as the DC of Tinsukia.
• Karimganj ADC Hivare Nisarg Gautam has been posted as DC of South Salmara Mankachar.
• Industries and Commerce Commissioner Pabitra Ram Khound has been transferred and posted as DC of Sonitpur.
• Joint Chief Electoral Officer P Uday Praveen has been posted as DC of Udalguri.
• Industries and Commerce Additional Secretary Utpala Saikia will head as DC of West Karbi Anglong.