Assam chief minister Himanta Biswa Sarma chaired a cabinet meeting in Guwahati on Wednesday. The meeting took major decisions in various sectors.
The decisions are:
- Tea garden laborers to be given employment under MGNREGA during the winter season when tea production is less. They will be provided work in pond excavation, road building, etc under MGNREGA.
- Under MGNREGA, valuable trees like Agar, Som, etc will be planted for economic benefit. Also, community ponds will be created under MGNREGA in large numbers.
- Funds received under the 15th Finance Commission would be utilized for renovating schools, parks, etc in the villages.
- Guwahati Development Department and Urban Development Department would be merged and renamed as Housing & Urban Affairs Department.
- General Administration Department and Secretariat Administration Department would be merged and renamed as General Administration Dept.
We took some important decisions in today’s #AssamCabinet to further administrative reforms in the State.
We also decided to provide relief in calamity-hit areas, improve education at grassroots, boost economic activities in tea garden and rural areas, among others. pic.twitter.com/UXli6vGVrQ
— Himanta Biswa Sarma (@himantabiswa) July 14, 2021
- I&PR Minister would be empowered to directly approve necessary payment against the advertising dues of print and electronic media houses.
- Cabinet declared Golaghat and Sarupathar Revenue Circles as drought-hit. Revenue & Disaster Management Minister Jogen Mohan and Irrigation Minister Ashok Singhal would travel there in presence of Finance Minister Ajanta Neog and inquire about drought incidents for releasing compensations.
- The present residence of Chief Justice of Assam would be declared as a heritage building and preservation measures would be taken.