Guwahati: Health Minister of Assam, Dr. Himanta Biswa Sarma addressed a press meet at Janata Bhawan, Guwahati on Tuesday.
Here are the key points from the press meet:
- A committee will be formed for the implementation of ‘ National Education Policy’
- Necessary COVID-19 tests for teachers from August 21 to August 30
- Teachers will have to join their respective workplaces from September 1. Salary to be deducted for those who fail to comply.
- The teachers will be required to provide a COVID-19 negative certificate at the time of joining.
- The number of seats in the colleges for 2020 to be increased by 25%.
- 7440 TET posts to be announced
- Appointment letters to be presented to 300 teachers of Lower Primary and Medium English schools on August 28. The remaining teachers can download their appointment letters from the official website
- 22,000 female students who have secured First Division in their Higher Secondary examination to be awarded a scooty. For further information, students can go through the link sebaonline.org. The scooters will be delivered by October 15.
- The scooties will have to be registered in the name of the students
- The scooties cannot be sold for up to 3 years
- 9 Higher Secondary schools and 149 junior colleges to be provincialized
- Provincialisation of 27 colleges
- 197 high schools to be provincialized in the first phase
- Teacher’s Day to be celebrated on September 5 with 150 teachers