NEWS DESK: Jorhat Administration on Wednesday announced the extension of the ongoing lockdown for an indefinite period. The District Magistrate and Chairman, DDMA of Jorhat notified that ‘Total Lockdown’ has been extended in Jorhat Municipality and its following sub-urban.
In the order released, few additional relaxations have been announced in the forthcoming phase of lockdown.
The additional exceptions are:
- Wholesale grocery shops are allowed to open from 7 A.M to 12 Noon.
- Retail grocery shops are allowed to open from 12 Noon to 6 P.M.
- Home delivery of vegetables, fruits, fish, meat, and packaged drinking water are allowed.
All the other prohibited activities and exceptions will remain the same as per the order stated in the previous lockdown. The weekend lockdown which has been brought into effect from June 26 will continue.
The sub-urban areas of Jorhat where lockdown will be implemented are:
- Areas upto Cinnamara Tiniali.
- Areas upto Lichubari Chariali.
- Areas upto Rowriah Chariali.
- Areas upto Ajanta Bypass.
- Areas upto Malow Ali Bypass.
- Areas upto Sarbaibandha Bypass.
- Areas upto Borigaon Bypass
- Areas upto Kenduguri Bypass.
- Areas upto JEC gate, Garamur and JEC campus.
- Areas upto Jail Tiniali from A.T. Road through Sonari Gaon Road No. 1.
- Areas from Sadar Tiniali via Lichubari to Jail Tiniali including AAU campus.
The new order of lockdown has come into effect from 7 A.M of July 16, 2020, and will continue till further notice.
In the order, it is also stated that;
“Any person violating the COVID-19 related restrictions and prohibitory orders enforced vide this order and previous orders mentioned above will be liable to be prosecuted as per provisions of Section 51 to 60 of the Disaster Management Act, 2005, besides legal actions under Section 188 of the IPC, and other legal provisions as applicable.”