News Desk: In order to cease the spread of COVID-19 virus from spreading in the community, the Jorhat Administration declared a ‘Total Lockdown’. The complete lockdown will come into force with effect from 7 AM of July 9 and will remain in force till July 15, 2020.
The complete lockdown was declared by Roshni Aparanji Korati, District Magistrate & Chairman, District Disaster Management Authority, Jorhat.
Under Section 34 of Disaster Management Act, 2005, Roshni A Korati will be enforcing ‘Total Lockdown’ in areas under Jorhat Municipal Board. Also, all weekly huts/markets will remain closed in the entire District.
She also said that the weekend lockdown for all municipal areas and sub-urban areas would remain in force.
The activities which will be prohibited are:
• Movement of individuals is strictly prohibited.
• All Government Offices, Offices of Autonomous/ Subordinate Offices and Private Offices shall remain closed.
• All business, commercial establishments, shops, and trade activities will be closed.
• All Industrial establishments shall remain closed.
• All Public transport services shall remain suspended.
• Movement of all Private vehicles is banned.
• All hospitability services shall remain closed.
• All educational, research, training, coaching institutions shall remain closed.
• All places of worship shall remain closed for the public. No religious congregation will be permitted under any exception.
• All social/ political/ sports/ entertainment/ academic/ cultural and religious functions will be barred.
• Not more than 20 persons will be permitted in funerals.
• All non-essential and avoidable movement of people shall be banned.
• Spitting in public places shall continue to be banned and is punishable with fine as per provision of law.
• Consumption and sale of liquor, paan, gutka, tobacco, etc. in public places are prohibited as ordered earlier.
Few of the Exceptions are:
• Establishment of Deputy Commissioner, Tertiary Establishment, Defence, Police, Fire & Emergency Services, Disaster Management, Electricity, Water, Sanitation, Jorhat Municipal Board will be allowed to function.
• Hospitals and retail medical outlets.
• 10% Bank branches with skeletal staff and ATM shall remain open.
• Print and Electronic Media and newspaper distribution are allowed.
• Telecommunication, internet services, cable services shall continue.
• Power generation, transmission and distribution services shall continue.
• Vehicles of Health, Fire and other emergency services are allowed.
• Hotels accommodating quarantine person and other emergency staff shall operate with a skeletal staff.
• Important construction works are allowed.
• Only identified Petrol pumps are allowed to operate.