Guwahati: The Assam Government after taking due consideration of the COVID-19 situation and taking into consideration the latest directives issued by the Ministry of Home Affairs, has made a few modifications.
Chief Secretary of Assam Kumar Sanjay Krishna issued an order on August 2.
The order shall come into force with effect from 7 PM on August 2. This order will remain valid until 7 PM on August 14. Some of the modifications made in the new order are:
- All permitted activities mentioned in earlier orders shall continue to be allowed. Shops of only one side of the street shall remain open on alternate days. The shops will remain open between 7 AM and 5 PM. The shops will remain open from Monday to Friday.
- Malls and Gymnasiums are allowed to operate between Monday and Friday. These establishments can to operate on the same side of the street. Except for Kamrup Metro, in all other districts, malls and gymnasiums can operate on both sides.
- Restaurants and other hospitality services are allowed to function on all days except Saturday and Sunday. These establishments have to maintain strict COVID-19 protocol of social distancing.
- Hotels are allowed to operate with strict maintenance of COVID-19 protocols.
- Inter-District movement of people is allowed on Monday and Tuesday only. No separate permission/approval/e-permit required for inter-District movement.
- All Central and State Government offices including Banks, Insurance Companies, NBFCs, etc shall operate with 100% attendance. An exception has been made for pregnant women. Point to point buses operated for the staff.
- Non-contact sports in open space with social distancing allowed.
- Cinema Halls, Swimming Pools, Entertainment Parks, Theatres, Bars shall remain closed. Auditoriums, Assembly Halls, and similar places of the public gathering will also remain closed.
- Social, Political, Sports, Entertainment, Academic, Religious functions, and other large congregations shall remain closed.
- Movement of individuals shall remain strictly prohibited between 6 PM and 6 AM.
- No movement of individuals shall be allowed on Saturday and Sunday at any time all over the State.
- Persons above 65 years of age and children below the age of ten years are advised to stay indoors. Except for unavoidable health reasons they have to stay indoors.
- Wearing of face cover is compulsory in public places, in workplaces, and during transport, etc.
Violation will attract a fine of Rs. 1000 for the first offense.