Assam Health Minister Keshab Mahanta announced that the state government will take key decisions on Covid 19 instigated curfew and ban on inter-district travel on June 7.
The State Health Minister made this announcement during a press meet in Guwahati on Friday.
He also stated that Assam has seen significant improvement in curbing Covid 19 pandemic in the last few days.
“Covid 19 infection is decreasing and comparatively, the death rate is also coming down. This was possible due to people’s cooperation.
We have not yet reviewed the restrictions; all the important decisions will be taken on June 7 considering the situation.” Health Minister Keshab Mahanta said.
Few Key Points of the press meet –
• Till June 3, 2021, a total of 4,24,385 people has been identified as Covid positive.
• Till June 3, 2021, a total of 3,68,981 people have recovered from the disease. The recovery rate is at 86.94 percent.
• Till date, a total of 1.14 crores Covid tests have been done.
• In the last 15 days, total death due to Covid 19 stands at 1090.
The State Health Minister also announced that Assam has a sufficient amount of oxygen.
• The state has the capacity to use 80 MT of oxygen daily.
• Assam government has been producing 80 MT of oxygen on a daily basis.
• Moreover, the Central government has been supplying Assam with 80 MT of oxygen twice a week.
Janata Bhawan, Dispur
4th June 2021, Friday
সাংবাদিক মেল সম্বোধন
৪ জুন ২০২১, শুক্ৰবাৰhttps://t.co/d80E3VWEU9
— Keshab Mahanta (@keshab_mahanta) June 4, 2021
Speaking about Covid 19 vaccination, the Health Minister stated –
• Assam government is now aiming to vaccinate at least 70 thousand people on a daily basis.
• More importance will be given to districts with more Covid cases –
1. Kamrup Metro