In order to minimize the risk of animals getting hit by speeding vehicles during the monsoon season, the administration has imposed prohibitory orders for vehicles in Kaziranga National Park.
The prohibitory orders were issued by the Kaliabor sub-division administration under Nagaon district under Section 144 (1) of CrPC in the area from Amguri to Bagori, including the highway stretch running through it.
Highlights of the Prohibitory Orders –
• Speed of the vehicles must not exceed 40 kmph and assembly of five or more persons shall not take place.
• Parking heavy vehicles in front of dhabas or restaurants and stopping light motor vehicles in the area at night without any valid reason or honking horns loudly is prohibited.
• Parking of LMVs at nighttime without any valid reason in the aforementioned area is prohibited.
• Carrying firearms, lethal weapons, and bows and arrows are prohibited.
• Hunting or killing of wild animals or any attempt to do so are prohibited.
• Emergency services, including police, military, forest officials, and Covid duty personnel, have been exempted from the purview of the order.
• Blowing of loud horns in or around Kaziranga National Park including additional areas prohibited.
However, emergency services including police, military, forest officials, and Covid 19 duty personnel have been exempted from the above orders.