In view of the COVID-19 pandemic, the Gauhati University had decided to conduct all the examinations in the open book format in the online mode. The Post-Graduate exams will be held from June 1 to 15 while the Under-Graduate examinations will start from the 2nd week of June.
Accordingly, the University has released Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for the exams that to be followed by the students strictly.
The SOPs are given below:
- All answers must be handwritten by the examinee in A4 size paper. A model Answer Sheet is uploaded in the portal https://web.gauhati.ac.in/otbe. This model Answer Sheet may also be downloaded, printed and then used for writing answers.
- All pages must contain page numbers.
- The number of pages may be less or more than 10 pages. But, in no case, the uploaded document be more than 5.0 MB in size.
- A procedure is laid down in the portal https://web.gauhati.ac.in/otbe. to know how to scan and convert the Answer Sheets into PDF and can be reduced to less than 5.00 MB. This is very crucial for successful uploading. As such, the examinees should practice and learn properly how to limit it to less than the specified size. Ideally, if scanned properly, a 10-page document will be around only 2 MB in size only.
- To do it as mentioned in point 4 above, some apps have been recommended in the portal https://web.gauhati.ac.in/otbe. The students can use similar other apps also.
- The Question Papers will be available for download 30 minutes before the beginning of the Examination.
- The student will be able to upload the PDF copy of the answer script after 30 minutes from the time of commencement of the examination and the upload facility will be available until one hour (60 minutes) after the end of the examination.
- Once a student uploads a document, he/she can’t do it again.
- So make sure that the Answer Sheets are properly scanned, converted to a single PDF maintaining serialization of the pages.
- Recheck the size of the document before going for uploading and make sure it does not exceed 5 MB size.
- So, students are strongly advised to practice this procedure (scanning and conversion to PDF) sign any document available at hand.
- In order to take the Examination, the students will be required to log in to the Examination Portal. To log in, the students need to give correct Registration No., Mobile No. and Date of Birth.
- Since it is an Open Book Examination conducted in the online mode, they will be able to take the help of the textbooks, notes etc.
- The total marks for each paper will be 70 percent of the total theory marks. The total duration of the examination will be mentioned in the respective question papers.
- There will be no offline submission of any Answer Sheet anywhere.
- Further, students are informed to ensure their connectivity and use of proper gadgets.
- All practical examinations will be notified later on.