The Assam State Disaster Management Authority (ASDMA) has issued a revised SOP today for both rural and urban areas which will remain in force from 5 AM of July 20 until further order.
Here are the rules mentioned in the new SOP:
- There will be total Containment in 5 districts showing a high positivity rate in recent days and these are Golaghat, Jorhat, Lakhimpur, Sonitpur, and Biswanath districts. 2. The curfew in these districts will be for round the clock; however, in the districts showing moderate positivity rate viz. Goalpara and Morigaon districts, it will be from I PM to 5 AM and from 5 PM to 5 AM in the districts showing improvement in positivity and caseload – Dhubri, Kamrup(M), South Salmara, Majuli, Bongaigaon, Chirang, Udalguri, West Karbi Anglong, Dima Hasao, Charaideo. Hailakandi, Dibrugarh. Sivasagar, Kokrajhar, Barpeta, Nalbari, Baksa, Bajali, Kamrup, Darrang. Nagaon, Hojai. Tinsukia, Dhemaji, Cachar, Karimganj and Karbi Anglong.
- All workplaces, business/commercial establishments, shops, dealing with groceries. fruits and vegetables, dairy and milk booths, animal fodder. Restaurants, Dhabas, and other eateries. Sale counters, showrooms, etc. of cold storages and warehouses will be closed till further order in districts showing high positivity rate, will be open up to 12 Noon in districts showing moderate positivity rate and up to 4 PM in districts showing improvement in positivity rate.
- There will be a total ban on the movement of all public and private transport in the containment districts. However, the movement of goods shall continue.
- In other districts, All Public transport authorities shall enforce COVID-19 appropriate total behavior and seating inside the vehicles, carriers, containers, etc.
- All inter-district passenger transport services and movement of people to and from other districts shall remain suspended.
- The public gathering is ban in total containment districts. In other districts, up to 10 persons are allowed for marriage or funeral programs.
- Wearing of face mask is compulsory in all public places.
- Regarding the celebration of Eid, all persons are to celebrate from their home. Namaz at Mosque is allowed with only 5 persons’ maximum including the religious head. 10. Excise authority will take strong action against illegal production and sale of country liquor in all the districts.
Other restrictions including an odd-even formula for plying of vehicles, declaration of containment zones, etc., and exemptions as notified in the order of July 6, 2021, shall continue to remain in force except those specifically modified by this order.