The Assam Government on July 6, issued a new SOP (Standard Operating Protocol) in view of the ongoing Covid 19 pandemic.
The fresh SOP issued will remain in effect until further notice.
The new Covid SOP issued by the Assam State Disaster Management Authority (ASDMA) will be implemented from July 7, 2021.
Few Key Points of the new Standard Operating Protocol are –
There will be a total ban on movement of individuals from 5 pm to 5 am daily in Kamrup Metro.
Curfew Timing has also been relaxed in ten other districts due to less number of cumulative Covid positive cases in the last 10 days. The districts are –
6. West Karbi Anglong,
7. Dima Hasoa,
Strict restriction has been imposed in few districts and curfew timing has been declared from 2 pm to 5 am –
16. Karbi Anglong
The above 16 districts are showing persistently high number of Covid 19 cases.
Public Transport for Urban and Rural areas –
1. Inter-district transport services to remain closed until further notice.
2. All public transport authorities are advised to enforce Covid 19 appropriate behaviour.
3. Auto rickshaws, cycle rickshaws and taxis shall operate with one driver and two passengers maintaining social behaviour.
4. Pillion driving is totally prohibited in two wheelers, women and children are exempted.
Wearing a mask is mandatory while driving or in a vehicle.
5. The odd-even formula for plying of vehicles will continue to remain in force until further notice.
1. There is a total ban on meeting or gathering at any open or closed spaces.
2. For marriages, only the religious part is allowed with only ten person.
3. All religious places remain closed until further notice.
(1/2) IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT!
The following directives for both rural and urban areas will remain in force w.e.f 5 AM of July 7, 2021 until further order. #Assam #DisasterManagement #ASDMA #NDMA #SOP #COVID19 pic.twitter.com/E5bTMGk1gD
— Assam State Disaster Management Authority (@sdma_assam) July 6, 2021