Guwahati: Chief Minister Sarbananda Sonowal and Union Petroleum Minister Dharmendra Pradhan interacting with affected people of Baghjan gas well fire incident at Baghjan Dighal Torong High School relief camp at Baghjan. Sarbananda Sonowal and Dharmendra Pradhan taking stock of measures taken by experts to douse fire at Baghjan gas well site
Announcements by CM and Union Petroleum Minister:
1) Maximum compensation to all affected families after damage assessment.
2) One model hospital in the area
3) A veterinary hospital
4) A model higher secondary school
5) Development of roads in the area
6) A permanent structure to arrest the erosion problems in area
6) Making Maguri-Motapung Beel into an international tourist destination
7) Portable water supply scheme for the area
8) Promotion of self help groups of women and youth
9) Skill development of youth
10) A weaving center with all modern infrastructures. Detailed plan will be prepared by district administration in consultation with affected people. Funds will be provided by Government of Assam and OIL.
Image Source: Internet