The Health and Family Welfare Department of Assam on Friday issued Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) ahead of the Rongali Bihu in the state.
The detailed SOP issued by the government is:
• It is mandatory for all volunteers and organizers involved in functions must test themselves for Covid-19 three days prior to and after the event.
• All programs, festivals, events must be concluded by 11 pm mandatorily.
• The event site should be spacious and must be kept open from all sides.
• Event site must have an arrangement of physical distancing as per Covid-19 protocols.
• It is mandatory to have multiple entry and exit gates, all separate.
• Overcrowding must be avoided at all costs.
• All the participants will be screened by thermal scanners. People with high fever will be barred from entering the event.
In view of fresh spike in #COVID19 cases across many states, Assam has geared up its Covid management strategies and taking up need-based steps to contain spread of the disease. Please see attached #Covid SOP for #Bihu & other festivals & adhere to these. pic.twitter.com/NolCAlFqZ0
— Himanta Biswa Sarma (@himantabiswa) April 9, 2021
• All are required to do proper signage from entry to exit adhering to proper Covid-19 rules.
• Sitting arrangement will be made adhering to social distancing rule.
• Mask is mandatory for all visitors, organizers, and volunteers.
• Provision of hand sanitizers must be kept at the entry gate and other areas including parking areas.