The revised Standard Operating Protocol (SOP) which was laid by the State Government will come to an end on June 15. Further, the state government is likely to a announce new SOP soon. What will be on the new SOP? Few points may be changed after June 15-
- Assam Government to relax COVID-19 restrictions from June 15.
- All shops to remain open till 2 p.m.
- The curfew will be imposed in selective districts with effect from 4 P.M
- Rules will be implemented in the Kamrup district.
- In 5 districts, the present SOP will continue.
- Rules will not be implemented in Cachar, Tinsukia, Dibrugarh, Nagaon, and Sonitpur district, as still the COVID positive cases didn’t decrease in those districts
However, the situation of COVID-19 in the State has been reviewed and observed that, though the number of COVID-19 patients and positivity rate is declining, the situation is still hazardous.