The Assam Government on June 15, 2021 issued a new SOP (Standard Operating Protocol). The fresh SOP issued will remain in effect till June 22.
Assam Health Minister Keshab Mahanta during a press meet in Haflong informed that the implementation of the new SOP will be done from June 16, 2021.
Few key points of the new SOP are –
Curfew Hours –
1. There will be a total ban on movement of individuals from 2 PM to 5 AM daily.
2. All shops to shut down at 1 PM on all days.
3. Restaurants, Dhabas, and other eateries can entertain dine-in guests till 1 PM.
4. Home delivery is allowed.
5. Cold storage warehouse to continue till 1 PM
6. All religious places across Assam to stay shut till June 22.
Inter District Movement –
1. Inter District movement to stay suspended till June 22.