The Assam Government on June 21, 2021 issued a new SOP (Standard Operating Protocol) in view of the ongoing Covid 19 pandemic.
The fresh SOP issued will remain in effect till June 30, 2021.
The new SOP issued by the Assam State Disaster Management Authority (ASDMA) will be implemented from June 22, 2021.
Few Key Points of the new Standard Operating Protocol are –
There will be a total ban on movement of individuals from 2 pm to 5 am daily in Kamrup Metro.
Curfew Timing has been relaxed in eight districts due to less number of cumulative Covid positive cases in the last 10 days. The districts are –
6. West Karbi Anglong
7. Dima Hasoa and
Strict restriction will be imposed in districts –
4. Tinsukia and
The above five districts are showing persistently high number of Covid 19 cases.
There will be strict restrictions in movement in the five districts from 1 pm to 5 am daily.
— Disaster Management Authority Assam (@sdma_assam) June 21, 2021
Public Transport for Urban and Rural areas –
1. Inter-district transport services to remain closed until further notice.
2. All public transport authorities are advised to enforce Covid 19 appropriate behaviour.
3. Auto rickshaws, cycle rickshaws and taxis shall operate with one driver and two passengers maintaining social behaviour.
4. Pillion driving is totally prohibited in two wheelers, women and children are exempted.
Wearing a mask is mandatory while driving or in a vehicle.
1. There is a total ban on meeting or gathering at any open or closed spaces.
2. For marriages, only the religious part is allowed with only ten person.
3. All religious places remain closed until further notice.