Assam Water Resource Minister Pijush Hazarika on Thursday attended a press meet in Janata Bhawan, Dispur.
During the press meeting, minister Pijush Hazarika declared few important decisions taken during the Cabinet meeting.
The key decisions of Cabinet meeting are –
1. Home Guard Borsing Bay promoted to Constable Rank.
2. New decision taken in the Forest department, DFO can now recommend the names of victims killed during elephant attacks directly to the PCCF for providing ex-gratia.
3. Compensation during land acquisition by Oil companies –
a. Within 10 kilometres in town areas – Rs. 12 lakhs per bigha.
b. Outside 12 kilometres – Rs. 10 lakhs per bigha.
4. The Micro finance incentives/ loans declared earlier by the Chief Minister of Assam has been resolved.
5. New reform in the process of procuring land for government institutions :
In rural areas, DC can now make decisions himself while giving permission for land required for construction of government institutions. There is no need to forward documents to the Revenue department.