Assam Chief Minister Himanta Biswa Sharma on Monday rolled out that the government is planning to increase the pension of athletes from Rs. 8000 to Rs. 10,000.
The decision was taken during an Assam Assembly cabinet meeting chaired by the Chief Minister on Monday.
The process of asking and answering questions starts with identifying the days at the Assembly.
CM Himanta Biswa Sarma made some important points in the meeting.
1. CM Sarma said that 1 lakh cases still remain unsettled for more than 10 years in the state for which retired SI’s will be brought back to duty for the settlement of such cases.
2. Hand expenses of Rs 3 lakh will be paid per annum to the OCs at different police stations along with computers.
3. Investigation and Law & Order will be different.
4. Police stations in rented accommodation to be covered under the ‘maitri scheme’.
5. Motorcycles will be provided to the OCs for duty in areas where cars cannot enter.
6. High-powered drones will be used at the border areas.
7. CRPF working in Assam will get appropriate benefits.
8. Orang National Park will be stretched up to the Dhansiri River banks.
9. Sportsperson who get medals at national and international levels will get government jobs.
10. Those sportspeople who won national medals in the past will be given sports pensions.
11. The sports pension is also planned to be increased from Rs. 8000 to Rs. 10,000.