Assam: A meeting of the council of ministers of the Assam government was held at the Janata Bhawan in Guwahati where a few key decisions were taken. Key decisions of the meeting of the Council of Ministers as informed to the media by Industry & Commerce Minister Chandra Mohan Patowary.
1. Assam Skill Development University Bill approved for setting up Skill University at Mangaldoi at a sprawling 100 bigha land with 900 crore.
- The meeting decided to increase the upper age limit for State government jobs for group III and Group IV for two years so that unemployed youth can apply for jobs up to 40 years.
- The meeting gave its approval for the Assam Heritage Protection and Preservation Bill.
- Insurance to the tune of Rs. 50 lakh to journalists, home guards, and all casual employees succumbed to COVIID 19 infection while performing their duties approved.
- The meeting decided to take a grant of Rs. 116 crore from NABARD for completion of the Dhansiri irrigation project launched in 1975.
- Orunodoi Scheme for giving financial assistance to the family under 2 lakh of annual income approved.
- The meeting decided to keep the areas falling under the jurisdiction of Rabha Hasong Autonomous Council and Tiwa Autonomous Council out of the purview of the proposed Assam State Capital Region.
- Amendment of Assam MSME Bill approved.