On Tuesday allowed the holding of the maiden budget session in Assam Assembly maintaining COVID-19 protocols, according to an order.
Chief Minister Himanta Biswa Sarma gave some of the important points and announcements during his speech today.
Important Highlights from CM on State Issues:
• Tax collection of 10,39,000 crore GST in 2019-20
• 5,000 crores collected GST in 2017
• Money Prize Fair implemented in the tea garden
• Excise tax collection in 2020 is Rs 2200 crore
• Price rise control is impossible unless it is self-reliant, says CM.
• Assam is among the 5 states within the country in terms of covid control.
• Assam lags behind due to population explosion said CM
• Assam has a loan worth Rs 18,000 crore against assets worth Rs 3.50 lakh crore
• People can now travel from Dibrugarh to Majuli by Mathauri but not Express Highway
• Implementation of government schemes such as Pragyan Bharati, Assam Mala, Travel Charioteer, etc.
Regarding Education and Students’ Welfare:
• Rs 45.48 crore open for student uniforms
• Arunodoi Scheme money to increase to Rs 3,000 in phases
• Students to get mobile as well as internet services free of cost
• Mobile of 9th-10th standard students to be taken back after passing matriculation
• Have done 5 medical colleges in the last 5 years
• Plan to build 5 more medical colleges
• We will give a total of 2 lakh jobs: CM
1. 1 lakh jobs to be provided in first 2 years
2. 1 lakh jobs to be given in next 3 years
Sarma also stated that there are two Assam with Assam.