In the cabinet meeting held under the chairmanship of Chief Minister Dr. Himanta Biswa Sarma on 22nd July 2021, several important decisions were being taken. These include,
PM Kisan benefits
Farmers having annual Patta (Eksonia Patta), Touji Patta, farmers cultivating in devout land, farmers eligible to get land Patta under Forest Rights Act, small tea growers, and horticulture farmers will also be eligible to get benefits under PM-KISAN.
Grassroot level education
To ensure quality education at the grassroots level involving Panchayati Raj Institutions, the cabinet decided to constitute the following committees –
• District Level Vigilance & Monitoring Committee under the chairmanship of Zila Parishad President.
• Block Level Vigilance & Monitoring Committee under the chairmanship of Anchalik Panchayat President.
River silt extraction
The cabinet decided to authorize Deputy Commissioners to make allotments for the extraction of silt from the river basin in respective districts. However, existing rules of the Environment & Forest Department will prevail in the case of extraction of sand and stones from rivers.
Regarding administrative reform, the cabinet today approved the formation of the following financial committees,
• Departmental Finance Committee for sanctioning of projects up to Rs. 2 crores. The committee will hold its meeting every Monday.
• Standing Finance Committee under the chairmanship of Chief Secretary for sanctioning of projects from Rs. 2 to 10 crores. The committee will hold its meeting every Tuesday.
• Special Standing Finance Committee under the chairmanship of Finance Minister for appraisal of projects worth Rs. 10 to 100 crores. The committee will forward projects for approval of the Chief Minister after appraisal. The committee will hold its meeting every Thursday.
• For financial sanction of projects above Rs. 100 crores, the department will place the projects directly at the cabinet.
Indigenous and Tribal Faith & Culture Department
The Cabinet approved the creation of a new department named “Indigenous and Tribal Faith & Culture Department”. Three directorates will function under the department. This includes
• Directorate of Archaeology
• Directorate of Museum
• Directorate of Historical and Antiquarian Studies
The Cabinet approved the appointment of former MP and union minister Rajen Gohain as chairman of Food & Civil Supply Corporation Ltd. under the Food and Civil Supplies & Consumer Affairs Department in the rank of a cabinet minister.
The Cabinet approved the appointment of Professor Dr Nani Gopal Mahanta as Advisor of the Education Department in the rank of Minister of State.
Jal Jeevan Mission
The Cabinet approved the framework for decentralization of power for speedy implementation of Jal Jeevan Mission. Under this, Deputy Commissioners are authorized to utilize funds up to Rs. 10 crores with the approval of the in-charge minister of the district.
The Cabinet also decided to constitute a standing committee under the chairmanship of the Deputy Commissioner to deal with all issues related to the implementation of the Jal Jeevan Mission in the concerned districts.