The University Grants Commission(UGC) released exam guidelines and academic calendar for admissions to all universities and colleges in view of the ongoing Covid 19 pandemic.
As per the circular issued by the UGC, universities have been asked to complete the Final Year or Semester Exams by August 31, 2021.
Higher Education Institutions shall ensure that the admission process for undergraduate courses/programmes for the academic session 2021-2022 commences only after the declaration of results by the CBSE, ICSE, and State Boards.
The circular stated that University Admissions 2021-22 to the first year courses/programmes shall be completed no later than September 30, 2021. The last date for admissions to fill up the remaining vacant seats shall be October 31, 2021, and the relevant documents of the qualifying examination can be accepted up to December 31, 2021. The academic session 2021-2022 shall commence latest by October 1, 2021, for first semester/year students.
In the circular dated July 16, the commission has pointed out that as per Supreme Court’s order, it is expected that the results of all state boards, CBSE and ICSE would be released by July 31, 2021.
Key Points & Dates For Students Looking For Admission Into Higher Education:
1. All Class 12 Board Exam Results expected to be out by July 31.
2. College & University Admissions for UG courses commence only after Class 12 Board exam results of CBSE, ICSE & State Boards are announced.
3. Academic session 2021-2022 shall commence latest by October 1, 2021 for the first semester or first year students.
4. Undergraduate and Postgraduate admissions to be completed by September 30.
5. Next academic session of this batch (incoming batch’s second year) to begin by August 1, 2022.
UGC Guidelines on Examinations and Academic Calendar in view of the COVID-19 Pandemic – July, 2021->https://t.co/zLqFndjO9k@dpradhanbjp @EduMinOfIndia @PIBHRD @ANI @DDNewslive pic.twitter.com/CArPzn7RaB
— UGC INDIA (@ugc_india) July 16, 2021