News Desk: The Chief Secretary of Assam Kumar Sanjay Krishna held addressed a press meet at the Assam Administrative College, Khanapara on Saturday and laid down the guidelines for the upcoming unlock to commence from July 20. The Chief Secretary in the press meet also termed the lockdown as a complete success.
This order shall come into force with effect from 7 PM (1800 hrs) of 19th June 2020 and shall remain in force up till 7 PM (1900 Hrs) of 2nd August 2020 in the entire Kamrup Metropolitan District.
Permitted activities: –
- All shops and business establishments are allowed to operate on one side of any street on any given day and on the opposite side on alternate days between Monday and Friday and from 7 AM to 5 PM. Deputy Commissioner, in consultation with trade bodies, shall determine the side of the street for opening on alternate days.
- Whole-sellers for essential items are allowed to operate between Monday and Friday subject to one side of the street norm between 7 AM and 5 PM.
- Whole sellers of non-essential items are allowed to operate from Monday to Friday subject to one side of the street norm between 7 AM and 5 PM.
- Vegetables, fish, and meat whole-sellers are allowed to operate from Monday to Friday between 7 AM and 5 PM.
- Home delivery of vegetables, meat, and fish are allowed from Monday to Saturday between 7 AM and 5 PM.
- Courier and e-commerce activities are allowed from Monday to Friday between 7 AM and 5 PM.
- All Industrial establishments shall be allowed to function, subject to workforce staying in the premises, and outwards/ inwards movement shall not be allowed.
- All construction activities including transportation of materials are allowed, subject to workforce remaining inside the construction sites and owner/ builder being responsible for testing for COVID and maintenance of all COVID protocols.
- Milk, milk products, and baby food are allowed to be sold on all days; X Restaurants and other hospitality services are allowed to function from Monday to Friday during non-curfew hours only on take away basis including online home delivery of cooked food businesses.
- Pharmaceuticals, medical equipment, and medicine whole-sellers are allowed on both sides of the street from Monday to Friday. Pharmacies are allowed to operate on all days.
- Animal food, veterinary medicine, and other livestock-related activities are allowed on all days.
- Pan, gutkha & cigarette shops are not allowed to open.
- Shopkeepers will be allowed to operate only with 50% employees and all employees including owner testing negative for COVID19 and with strict compliance of all COVID19 protocols issued by the Health Department.
- Cab aggregators, Auto Rickshaws, and manual Rickshaws except e-rickshaws are allowed to operate with only two passengers at any given time with operator carrying negative test report for COVID19. The operator is responsible for sanitizing vehicles after every trip.
- Technical services such as plumber, electrician, carpenter, AC, and other electrical and electronic equipment repairing is allowed from Monday to Friday during non-curfew hour.
- All Central and State Government offices including Banks, Insurance Companies, NBFCs, GTAC, and private offices shall operate with 30% of all workforce. Testing for COVID and maintenance of COVID protocols shall be the responsibility of the head of the office. Offices are allowed to operate without street-side restrictions.
- All warehouses are allowed to operate from Monday to Friday between 7 AM and 5 PM with the workforce remaining inside the campus and management will be responsible for testing and maintenance of protocols for COVID19. Goods carrying vehicles are allowed on all days.
- internet services, broadcasting, and cable services. IT and IT-enabled services to continue.
- Power generation, transmission, and distribution units and services shall continue with persons with specifically assigned duties being allowed to come out.
- Private vehicles, both four and two-wheelers are strictly barred from coming on to street except for medical emergency and official duty.
- Street and footpath vending of any sort is not allowed.
- All designated GMC markets shall remain closed.
- Malls, cinema halls, gymnasiums, yoga centers, and all places of the public gathering shall remain closed.
- All shopkeepers, employees, delivery persons, technical repair personnel, and any person coming in close contact with members of the public must get themselves tested for COVID19 and must carry test results on their person at all times.
- Movement of individuals shall remain strictly prohibited between 6 PM (1800Hrs) and 6 AM (0600 Hrs). No movement of individuals shall be allowed on Saturday and Sunday at any time; All permissions/ passes issued earlier stand canceled. Fresh permissions /passes shall have to be obtained from the competent authority. No pass shall be required for the day-long movement of suppliers of vegetables from outside the district to deliver fruits, vegetables, other essential and perishable goods and construction material in Kamrup Metropolitan from other districts and for the supply of essential goods to this district and to other districts and other states.
- All inter-district movement of individuals will be strictly barred with effect from 22. July 2020 until further orders. For medical and last rite emergencies, the movement shall be allowed only with written permission from the Deputy Commissioner of the originating district. The movement of goods shall continue uninterrupted.