in

CBI To Probe The Death Of Sushant

Sushant CBI

New Delhi: Amid the tug of war between two state police-Bihar and Maharashtra-over the right to probe the death of Sushant Singh Rajput, the centre has informed the apex court that Bihar government’s recommendation for CBI probe into death case has been accepted.

Representing the centre, solicitor general Tushar Mehta told the court that the centre has accepted the request of Nitish Kumar’s government recommending a CBI inquiry.

Justice Hrishikesh Roy observed that truth behind the 34-year-old Rajput’s death should come out and said, “Truth should come out so far as actor’s death is concerned.”

The investigation has been handed formally to the central agency after an unprecedented drama between Mumbai and Bihar police.

Earlier a team from Bihar, led by Patna SP Vinay Tiwari, were “forcibly quarantined” on their arrival in Mumbai and prevented from carrying out the probe.

Moreover, Bihar police director-general Gupteshwar Pandey on Thursday said the SP has still not been exempted from home quarantine and they may consider taking the legal route on the issue.

Earlier, Sushant Singh Rajput’s father has lodged an FIR against actress Rhea Chakraborty, and six others, including her family members, for abetment to suicide.

The actor, aged 34, died at his home in suburban Bandra in Mumbai on June 14. Several political leaders and film personalities have demanded a CBI probe into his death.

Actor Rajput’s suspected death by suicide has also triggered a debate on alleged nepotism and favouritism in the Hindi film industry. Several top production houses had allegedly boycotted the Patna-born actor, causing him distress and compelling him to end his life.

What do you think?

Written by Headline8 Desk

Comments

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Loading…

0
Sarbananda Sonowal

Sonowal laud cops for their extraordinary contribution

UN

UN To Promote Livelihood For Rural Women