Three employees of Oil and Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC) have been allegedly abducted by the United Liberation Front of Assam-Independent (ULFA-I) from the work site of ONGC in Lakwa, Charaideo district of Assam.
The abduction was done at the early hours of April 21 from the work site in an ONGC ambulance.
The Three employees are:
• Mohini Mohan Gogoi (Junior Technician) hailing from Nitaipukhuri Soruali, Sivasagar
• Ritul Saikia (Junior Technician) hailing from Barhala, Jorhat and
• Alakesh Saikia (Junior Engineer) hailing from Jorhat.
According to sources, an armed team of five people abducted the three ONGC employees. The 5-man team overtook the ambulance along with the ambulance driver. However, the driver was set free and is now at the police station for further inquiries.
• The ambulance used for the abduction was recovered in Nimnagarh jungle and an empty cartridge has been recovered in the ambulance.
• It has been speculated that the three kidnapped ONGC employees were taken to Nagaland.
• Meanwhile, ONGC authorities have already filed an FIR at Nazira Police Station.